A Visit to the International Travel Clinic
The The Sarmaritan Infectious Disease Travel Clinic provides pre-travel advice to prospective travelers in order to help prevent travel related infections and other travel related problems. Up-to-date infectious diseases travel related resources are used to provide itinerary specific recommendations and vaccinations.
A visit to the Travel Clinic will typically involve:
- Discussion of the specific itinerary
- Discussion of means of preventing food and water-borne illnesses such as:
- Hepatitis A
- Traveler's diarrhea
- Typhoid fever
- Discussion of means of avoiding insect-borne illnesses such as:
- Dengue Fever
- Yellow fever
- Japanese encephalitis
- Discussion of other endemic bacterial, parasitic, viral infections unique to itinerary
- Travel related immunization (including yellow fever if appropriate)
- Discussion of physical safety/political environment of specific destinations
Pre-travel counseling is available on an appointment basis. To make an appointment, call 541-768-5810. It is advisable to make the appointment at least one month before planned departure. The Travel Clinic is located at the Samaritan Infectious Disease office in the Corvallis Medical Center on the campus of Good Samaritan Hospital in Corvallis. Please complete a pre-travel form and bring it with you to your appointment.
Medical insurers may not cover the costs of travel related vaccines. A vaccine price list is availabe so that prospective travelers may anticipate expenses that may be incurred at the time of their visit to the Samaritan International Travel Clinic.